Rescology Environmental Consultants offer focused consulting services in Western Australia. Our international experience is a considerable advantage in optimizing project development, social and environmental performance and the license to operate. Our experience includes Western Australia, South-east and West Asia, South America and East, West and Southern Africa.
We work to enhance your business with a focus on the unique needs of each of our clients. We are committed to delivery, with transparency and integrity.
With capabilities in due diligence, scoping and feasibility (JORC, VALMIN, N43101), stakeholder engagement, environmental and social impact assessments (EIA), development and management of the approvals pathway, compliance, mine closure and rehabilitation, we are well equipped to guide your project. Our working knowledge of environmental legislation, related laws, and international governance frameworks are an advantage. We help drive and optimise environmental and social performance, biodiversity (ecosystems), build and enhance social license and underpin high standards of environmental and social governance (ESG). We connect our clients with the right people and provided ESG advisory services. Most of all we love what we do. We are can do!
The year is has started with a bang, we’re ready and working on:
- Due diligence and independent technical reviews;
- Mine closure in gold and iron ore;
- Land access and strategy for exploration projects in the Kimberley, Pilbara and South-west regions of WA; and
- Compliance management.
During 2021, Rescology provided a range of consulting and advisory services in Western Australia from the north to the south in resources, infrastructure and manufacturing. Project locations have included the City of Kwinana, the Great Southern, Midwest, Pilbara, Kimberley and Goldfields regions of Western Australia. Projects Highlights include:
- A mine closure and rehabilitation scoping and feasibility study with an international multidisciplinary team including the legal and regulatory overview, gap and risk analysis and cover trials;
- Targeted species fauna surveys with Traditional Owners in the Kimberley;
- Due diligence for a joint venture of on a major gold project; and
- Biodiversity management, strategy for impact assessments, stakeholder and community engagement, approvals, Dieback and Conservation Management Plans for different projects in the Southwest, Great Southern and Kimberley.
The year of 2020 had an international and West Australian focus with projects in due diligence, mine closure and approvals for mining and infrastructure.
- A due diligence for the acquisition of Teranga Gold Corporation by Endeavor Mining with Minescope in West Africa where Rescology contributed to Environmental and Social Governance risk and management, strategy for integration and evaluation of the legislative and approvals pathway.
- Multiple environmental approvals and permits for clearing of native vegetation and compliance management for various projects in the Midwest and Southwest.
- A gap analysis on progress towards closure objectives for an operating mine in the Goldfields with program to address key areas for 18 months.
Exploration environmental management and impact assessment of Environmentally Sensitive Areas in Western Australia for several clients in the Great Southern and Midwest regions. Deliverables included ecological survey, statutory environmental reporting, an audit of compliance, a rehabilitation management plan, a rehabilitation performance evaluation and stakeholder engagement. Noteworthy environmental factors included Phytophthora dieback, black cockatoo habitat, threatened and priority ecological communities, declared rare and threatened flora, declared invasive species and erosion remediation.
Due diligences in gold and graphite for projects in Philippines, Tanzania and Central America for engineering firms and investors involving assessment of social, environmental and closure performance with a strategy for mitigation. The project in Tanzania included assessment against Equator Principles. Other projects included assessment against national legislation and international standards and norms (ANZECC and ARMCANZ water quality guidelines).
- improved surface water management and mitigation by threatening processes;
- adapting rehabilitation strategy for different regolith and landscape features;
- contribution to strategy for improved governance and policy.
Environmental and Social Scoping study for an East African Gold Project including the extensive legislative requirements during legislative reform, assessment of environmental and social factors, strategy for impact assessment and approvals, time-frame, capability and costs. Other project contributions included building relationship with in-country consultants, community and government, other proponents and non government organisations and developing strategy for mitigation of key risks by small scale artisanal mining in lease areas.
- the successful resourcing of capability through established networks; and
- introductions to key decision makers in government and community.
2017 to 2018
Review and input into ESIA strategy and reporting for a Southern African copper mine as part of the management team including, input into strategy for ecological survey and gathering of baseline information, ensuring integration of IFC Standards, the development of the Conceptual Mine Closure Plan and Closure Cost Model, review of the Terms of Reference document (ToR) specifically the binding and implied commitments, stakeholder engagement for mine closure, pre-feasibility reporting and continued involvement feasibility.
- Contribution to suite of ecological investigations including strategy for assessment of conservation significant fauna; and
- Building relationship with in-country consultants.
Independent Review of ESIA for a Tanzanian Gold Project with contribution to management of risk, strategy for impact assessment, review of procurement and employment management plans.
Due Diligence for CSA Global on West Asian Gold Asset including initial high level gap analysis followed by due diligence ahead of listing. This included the review and assessment of environmental and social status, strategy for impact assessment and mine closure, context of international agreements and legislative reform.
- Identification of gaps in legislative compliance requirements and contribution to strategy for mitigation of risks.
Mine Closure and Relinquishment Pathway for a lease in Western Australia. An independent review of mine closure progress and rehabilitation performance for a mining lease in the Goldfields region. This comprised of a review of legal obligations, reporting, baseline and closure monitoring, remedial works and stakeholder engagement, a residual risk analysis of the economic and non-economic risks with recommendations and mapping a relinquishment pathway.